U18 Development Plan plus National Hockey Championship for 2020
OHA’s revised plan for the U18 Rep Program for 2020
We want to offer a meaningful Rep experience to our U18 players and our National Hockey Championship players after Covid19.
Our plan is to select 4 teams in total:
- Young U18 team – Players with the 04/03 birth dates
- We will have 2-3 senior players play with this group of players to help guide/ coach them on the field
- Old U18 team – players with 03/02 birth dates
- We may have 1 or 2 senior player play with this group of players to guide/ coach them on the field
- U20 team – players with 01 birth dates
- NHC team – any age group
We would like each team to have a coach and if possible, an assistant coach.
The teams will play on a Sunday morning
- 10.00am - 11.00am time slot
- 11.00am – 12noon time slot
The teams will just play, there will be no training.
As much as we want this to be competitive, this is a development opportunity. We are looking for learnings to be done:
- Before the game in team talks
- During the games
- After the games in debriefs
There will be a real emphasis on team talks and debriefs/ reflection time after the games.
The format of this will be we play a round robin and then finals round. The dates for this will be:
- Round 1 Sunday 26th July
- Round 2 Sunday 2nd August
- Round 3 Sunday 9th August
- Finals Sunday 16th August
- Round 1 Sunday 13th September
- Round 2 Sunday 20th September
- Round 3 Sunday 27th September
- Finals Sunday 4th October
Games will be 27-minute halves.
Registration for these teams does not guarantee you will be selected to play. Selection will be based on performances at school and club games through June and July.
Teams will be announced on facebook/ website and players will be emailed to make sure they are available to play
If you are interested in being involved, please register here