Otago Hockey U18 Representative Program 2022
Below is an outline of the U18 program for the 2022 season. We want to make sure we give our players every opportunity to perform on the national stage.
We would like you to register your interest in being involved in the U18 Program even if you are unable to attend Stage 1 of the program. Please fill out the form below.
Obviously being able to commit to all Stages of the program is the ideal, if this is not possible you will still have an opportunity for selection. If there is any questions around what you may or may not be able to attend please make contact with Hymie at email@example.com
The U18 Representative program will follow 4 stages in 2022.
Stage 1 Training/ Upskill training sessions.
These sessions will be run from the 28th February – 11th April. There would be a cost to this of $100This can be payable to OHA account:03-0905-0460917-10
• Monday evening from 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Stage 2 Internal Game Play - The Highland Cup
• The plan is to identify players in the U16 age group and U18 age group to play in these games. We would like to have two U16 teams and two U18 teams in each gender. (This will be dependent on player numbers)
• The games would be played over 3 Sundays in May:
o 1st May
o 8th May
o 15th May
• To be considered for these games, ideally, we would encourage players to attend Stage 1 the training/Upskilling sessions.
Stage 3 External Game Play - The Wakatipu Shield
• We are scheduled to play teams from Southland and Central Otago over a weekend of the 21st & 22nd May
• Teams will be selected from the Internal Game Play - The Highland Cup
Stage 4 Mainland Cup
• From the Wakatipu Shield teams we will be selecting the Mainland Cup squad to prepare for these games.
• Mainland Cup is on Queen’s Birthday weekend June 5th, 6th & 7th in Dunedin
Tournament: 10th – 16th July
• Men – Palmerston North
• Women – Nelson