Otago Polytechnic Scholarships Open10/7/2023
In 2019 Otago Polytechnic (OP) with the Otago Hockey Association (OHA) established the OHA scholarship to assist students with both sporting and academic aspirations.
Two Scholarship’s will be offered at the discretion of the OHA for FULL payment of fees for a chosen programme at OP.
Otago Hockey is delighted to open up applications for study starting in 2024. To apply, or with questions please email a cover letter and CV to Otago Hockey General Manager, Andy McLean on email@example.com. Applications close 5pm Friday 28 July.
Applications should include information on hockey achievements and goals as well as academic and other achievements. While on turf performance and potential will be a factor, applicants should also outline any other ways in which they can or have contributed to hockey and associations that they have been part of.
The following conditions apply:
▪ 2 FULL fees scholarships of up to three years continuous full time study will be awarded at the discretion of the OHA for study starting in the year 2024.
▪ Candidates for the scholarship must be nominated by the OHA.
▪ Student must provide evidence of successful completion of 70% or more of enrolled courses to attain the scholarship for the following year, and continued engagement in the commitments of the sport. Failure to do so may result in the cancelation of your existing scholarship.
▪ Continuous study may include a bridging programme. For example, the Certificate in Health (Level 4) and the first two years of a health degree. The student would be responsible for the full fees of the third year of the degree.
▪ This scholarship applies to Domestic students only.
▪ For those students eligible for FeesFree, the scholarship can contribute to one quarter of the annual accommodation costs at one of Otago Polytechnic’s on-campus accommodation options alternatively the scholarship can be applied as course related costs – further detail will be given to successful candidates.
▪ The scholarship may be held concurrently with other awards/grants, subject to approval of OP.
▪ Candidates must meet minimum entry requirements for their programme of choice.
▪ OP and the OHA has the power to terminate the scholarship if the recipient ceases to follow regulations of the programme of study, fails to engage in the sporting commitments as stipulated by OHA and/or bring the reputation of the OP or the OHA into disrepute.View More News