Situation Vacant - Community Hockey Manager23/1/2020
Otago Hockey is the governing body responsible for the promotion, administration and management of Hockey at all levels in Otago.
We are seeking a Community Hockey Manager to help us take the sport of Hockey in Otago to a new level.
Our Community Hockey Manager will be responsible for:
- Promoting, planning and overseeing the delivery of our Small Sticks in Schools Programme.
- Promoting, planning and overseeing the delivery of our Fun Sticks Programme.
- Creation of strategy and other programmes to grow the game in both numbers and capability. Live the hockey for life philosophy and make the most of all opportunities.
- Design and implement a programme to increase the number of coaches and the capability of our coaches in the community space.
- Design and implement a programme to increase the number of umpires and the capability of our umpires in the community space.
- Running our Year 5 & 6 Development Programme.
- Assisting with the coordination and delivery of our U13 and U15 Development Programmes.
- Working closely with our Pathway Manager to ensure good links and transition between Community and Performance.
- General support of our wider hockey programme. Assistance with events, competitions etc.
We are seeking a well organised, motivated and energetic individual.
This is an important role for the association and while hours are full time, there is flexibility of hours worked in recognition of the need for some roles to be completed in non-traditional work hours.
The work will be a mixture of hands on delivery and planning, organising. That balance to be discussed with candidates based on skills and experience.
Candidates with hockey experience will be preferred, but a passion for community and sport is the most important skill set.
Salary and additional benefits negotiated based on skills and experience.
For a full job description or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 14th February.
View More News